COBIT aligns the business goals and IT goals by establishing links between the two and creating a process that can help bridge a gap between specific silos within IT using their framework or standard.
COBIT aims to put technical solutions and business risks in perspective within a control and management logic. The approach is part of a continuous improvement process, generalizes audit practice and guarantees risk management.
In COBIT 2019, new concepts and terminology have introduced the COBIT Core Model, which includes 40 governance and management objectives for establishing a governance program.
The COBIT framework can help organizations of all sizes to:
- Use IT effectively to achieve business objectives
- Improve and maintain a high level of information quality to support business decisions
- Use technologies to promote operational excellence
- Ensure that IT risks are managed effectively
- Ensure a return on investment on IT services and technology expenses
- Comply with laws, regulations and contractual agreements
- Assists in addressing the needs of stakeholders across the enterprise
COBIT 2019 integrates concepts from agile methods (Kanban, SAFE, Scrum, Lean IT, DevOps). It is, therefore, suitable for any organization wishing to improve its business agility based on its information system and associated technology.
How could DigiSôter help you?
If you are asking yourself the questions below, let us show you the value of our services. Contact us today.
Board & C-Level key questions
• Which components of your target enterprise architecture are critical for business ambitions?
• How can new digital technologies disrupt your business model?
• Is your investment roadmap (IT & Business) timely delivering and contributing to your business ambitions?
• Do you have an adequate budget compared to your competitors and peers?
• Do you have an old fashion IT increasing your technical debt or is your IT adopting quickly enough new technologies?